Sunday, August 22, 2010

straight lines circle sometimes

It occurred, fairly recently, that the fog in which I moved had shifted, eventually dissipating and leaving a clear path ahead. Even stranger than the three years of confusion I had wandered was that this path, this newly revealed route, was anything but new. I recognized familiarities from my past and began to think I was circling back. In a way, I am.

What lies ahead is not a repeat of places I've already been, things I have already done. It is an opportunity to finish what I have already started. I've left a trail of loose ends for miles and I have been granted the wonderful opportunity of getting back to them.

There is a great deal of work ahead of me. The rewards outweigh the trials. To learn, to love and be loved, to accomplish...these are my end results and ultimate motivations. I have found who I had sought and that miraculous discovery has set my life in motion. I am inspired once more. I feel a strength and power unlike any I have known in quite some time and I am ready. I am taking my life back.

If it is better to have loved and lost, then how incredible is it to have loved, lost and rediscovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment